Restaurant Employee Relief Fund
Through the Restaurant Employee Relief Fund, we will provide grants to restaurant industry employees who have been adversely impacted by COVID-19 financially, whether through a decrease in wages or loss of employment that results in a lack of resources to pay for essential expenses.
- Each approved grant is $500, one per person only
- See Eligibility Requirements listed below
- Read our Application FAQs
Grants will be awarded as soon as possible to those individuals who meet the prescribed eligibility criteria, as reviewed and verified by the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). Subject to the availability of funds contributed to the Fund, a one-time grant of $500 will be disbursed directly to the applicant following NRAEF’s review and confirmation that their submitted application meets the prescribed guidelines. Awards will be limited to one grant per person.
Due to an overwhelming response of more than 60,000 applicants, the Fund is not currently accepting new applications. Our team is working hard to respond to applicants and process applications and has awarded more than 25,000 grants to date.
All 60,000+ individuals who registered to apply to the Fund have now been invited to complete their applications. If you previously registered and do not believe you have received your email invitation yet, please check your clutter, junk and spam folders for automated emails from either of these addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. If you still cannot locate your invitation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance and include the email verifying your registration.
Please note that due to the high volume of emails we receive, we are only able to respond to registered applicants at this time. Those wishing to register and apply should continue to watch for updates about the Fund here at rerf.us or on our Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram social channels. We remain committed to helping as many restaurant workers as possible, and are continuously fundraising to assist additional restaurant workers in the future. Thank you.
Who Should Apply To Receive Funds?
Funds will be available for restaurant and foodservice employees who can demonstrate that they:
- Worked on a part- or full-time basis in the restaurant industry for at least 90 days in the past year; and
- Have had a primary source of income in the restaurant industry for the last year; and
- Have experienced a decrease in needed wages or loss of job on or after March 10, 2020 the result in a lack of resources to pay for essential expenses; and
- Live in the United States, an overseas U.S. military base, or any U.S. territory*; and
- Are over the age of legal majority in their in their U.S. state or territory; and
- Meet other requirements demonstrating financial need as determined by the NRAEF.
* Depending upon the terms of certain contributions to the Fund, certain amounts may only be available for distribution in limited geographic areas.
Individuals related to employees or board members of the National Restaurant Association or National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation ARE NOT eligible for grants. All grants are made at the discretion of the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation.
Your Need For Funds
One-time grants are for short-term COVID-19 related hardships in paying any of the following expenses only:
- Home rent or mortgage
- Car payments or transportation costs
- Utility bills
- Student loan payments
- Child care
- Medical bills
Get in Touch!
Please contact us if you have any questions, comments, stories to share, or need assistance making a donation or applying for a relief grant. We will do our best to get back to you, as soon as possible!