ABOUT THE RESTAURANT EMPLOYEE RELIEF FUND
The National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF) is dedicated to supporting today’s and tomorrow’s restaurant and foodservice workforce. We exist to make a positive impact in the world and in our communities. Our Foundation is focused on helping people in the industry to advance their careers. The impact COVID-19 has had on the restaurant industry—and most importantly for us, the individuals passionate about pursuing careers within it—made clear that the most positive impact we could make would be to help our restaurant workers in need. As our regularly scheduled events were canceled or postponed, we believed the best thing to do with our time was to create a new way to help the industry in a time that’s more critical than ever before.
Where We Are Now
Currently, the Restaurant Employee Relief Fund has received more than 60,000 application registrations, which speaks to the massive need across the industry for financial support. We are continuously fundraising to support as many individuals as we possibly can through the Fund. In the meantime, the application site is now temporarily closed while we review and process all applications currently in the system.
Where We Are Going
With the tremendous amount of interest in the Fund, we remain committed to helping as many restaurant workers as possible. We are actively exploring the best ways to continue to do that, whether that’s through financial support, by helping you access a platform to tell your story, or by simply being here with additional resources to help during this difficult time. Please continue to follow news and information on RERF.us and on our social channels – Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook – and help us share with friends, family and loved ones who may have the means to pitch in and donate to the fund today.
The mission of the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation is to attract, empower, and advance today’s and tomorrow’s restaurant and foodservice workforce.
As the philanthropic foundation of the National Restaurant Association, the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation’s (NRAEF’s) mission of service to the public is dedicated to enhancing the industry’s training and education, career development and community engagement efforts.
NRAEF programs include:
- ProStart® – a high-school career and technical education program with over 150,000 students nationwide
- Restaurant Ready – partnering with community based organizations to provide opportunity youth and previously incarcerated individuals with skills training and job opportunities
- Military – helping military servicemen and women transition their skills to restaurant and foodservice careers
- Scholarships – almost $1 million in financial assistance for students pursuing restaurant, foodservice and hospitality degrees
- Hospitality Sector Registered Apprenticeships – a partnership with the American Hotel & Lodging Association providing a hospitality apprenticeship program for the industry
Learn more about NRAEF at ChooseRestaurants.org
Helping The People Who Make Our Restaurants Great
Grants Awarded, to date
Get in Touch!
Please contact us if you have any questions, comments, stories to share, or need assistance making a donation or applying for a relief grant. We will do our best to get back to you, as soon as possible!